Introduction to Massage
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
At Meredith Massage, she will treat clients using her hands, fingers, forearms, and elbows as tools for massage to provide clients with a range of light nerve stroking to deep pressure.
She practices different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage: This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Neuromuscular Therapy/Trigger point massage: This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
- Deep massage: This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes targeting deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. It is used to help treat muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage: This is a Swedish massage that is geared towards active clients who are involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
Benefits of massage
Massage is combined more and more with standard treatments for many medical conditions.
Massage is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. For these reasons, massage also complements treatment for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia and other stress related physiological issues
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, massage therapy aims to provide caring, comforting touch that can facilitate clients to feel deep connections emotionally, mentally and spiritually, in addition to, improving their physical state.
Though there are many benefits to massage, it should be considered a complement to a client's regular medical care.
Meredith's Wellness Statement
Meredith has experienced herself that a small amount of your time and money to care for your most important asset - your health - will be far less time consuming and expensive than trying to recover damage already done.
The last thing she wants for you is for you to return time and time again to our wellness center already in crisis. Please take your health and wellness seriously.